This is a very simple and super yummy recipe. Unlike, the pan fried fish (which can be time consuming and tedious), this recipe is quick, easy and healthy as it needs very little oil. The fish will be ready in just 30-35 mins.
Here are the ingredients:
6-7 fillets of Fish (I am using Golden Pompano)
1 tsp – Ginger paste
1 tsp – Garlic paste
1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
3-4 tsps – Red Chili powder
Salt as per taste
Note 1 – Pre-heat oven on 400 degree F for 10mins.
Note 2 – Line the baking tray with foil paper and spray with cooking oil.
1. Apply salt and turmeric powder to the fish fillets (on both the sides). Set it aside.
2. Mix the ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Add water if needed, to make a thick paste/marinade.
3. Apply the marinade on the fish fillets. Let it sit for 15-20mins.
4. Place the fish on the baking try and put it in the oven for 20 mins on 400 degree F.
5. Flip and bake on other side for 15mins on 350 degree F.
6. Garnish with little cilantro/coriander leaves, lemon onions.
7. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Note – After you apply the marinade, if some of it is left, seal it tightly and keep it in the fridge; and you can use it for the next time when you make fish. Since it has salt and turmeric, it won't get spoiled. It should stay fresh for 10-12 days.
You can serve this as an appetizer or as a side for your lunch or dinner.
Let me know how it turned out for you. Do share your tips and comments. Enjoy!
Here is the cooking spray i used: